Table of Contents
Watch ESPN Plus in UK, the hub of sports. We’ll cover all you need to know in this tutorial so that you can watch ESPN+ programming in the UK. ESPN+ typically covers a wide range of different sports from around the world in addition to American sports like Major League Baseball (MBL) and the National Basketball Association (NBA).
But unfortunately, you won’t be able to access ESPN+ without a VPN in the UK and considering that we suggest you use ExpressVPN or NordVPN which helps a viewer to access the geo-restricted content by hiding their IP address. Follow the steps below to watch ESPN Plus in UK.
Quick Steps To Watch ESPN Plus in UK
Download the VPN and connect to a US server.
Log in to your streaming platform.
Find ESPN Plus and stream it no matter where you are.
Watch What’s New on ESPN Plus 2023
The following are some popular events in June 2023.
What’s on ESPN+?
Not only baseball and basketball but also American football, hockey, and many other sports may be observed. For any American sports fan, ESPN+ is a necessity. In addition to the Australian Football League, there are numerous more international sports, including as lacrosse, horse racing, and more. ESPN+ offers more news, sports highlights, and programs, such as MLB Plays of the Week and ESPN+ SportsCenter.
How to watch ESPN in UK
People who subscribe to BT Sports can add ESPN or ESPN HD to their package. You can also add BT Sport ESPN channels to your sports package if you have a Sky TV box or Sky Glass. Unfortunately, the streaming service ESPN+ is only available to customers in the US right now. You can use a VPN to get to ESPN+, but we don’t think that’s a good idea. The BT “Big Sport Package,” which includes BT Sport, ESPN, Sky Sports, and Eurosport, costs £41 per month.
This is a 24-month contract, but you can also get a BT Sports to pass for one month or a smaller package of sports channels for £16.99 per month. Importantly, the BT Sport ESPN channel is still part of the smaller package. If you have the right package, you can also watch ESPN Classic and ESPN America on Sky TV. Also, you can add BT Sport to your existing Sky package for £29.99 per month.
How to Subscribe and Create an ESPN+ Account in the UK
In order to create an account for ESPN+ in the UK, you will need to complete these steps:
- Invest in a reliable virtual private network. ExpressVPN comes with our highest endorsement.
- Download the ESPN app from the Google Play or the Apple App Store, then create an ESPN account by entering your email address.
- Use ExpressVPN’s US server.
- Visit ESPN and sign up for a subscription TV package to watch games online.
- A monthly subscription to ESPN+ can be purchased for $5.99 by visiting espn.com/espnplus (7.91 UDS).
How Much Does ESPN+ Cost in UK, and Where Can I Register?
Disney is the owner of ESPN. As a result, you might be able to purchase it for a very affordable price. In the UK, a monthly ESPN subscription costs £4.95. ESPN+ is essentially an improved version of the basic ESPN bundle (GBP 5.78), costing $6.99 per month. However, UK ESPN Plus members who sign up for a plan can save up to 15% annually. Despite the fact that a yearly subscription to ESPN Plus costs $69.99 (GBP 57.85).
How to Watch ESPN Plus Without Cable in UK?
Everyone knows that in order to watch ESPN, a subscriber to a cable TV service in the United States is required. You probably don’t want to subscribe to a US cable service just so you can watch ESPN+ in the UK.
Yet the ESPN app is available through other internet TV providers/streaming services, which are superior than cable subscriptions in channel variety and pricing.
These are 7 UK-based streaming services that carry ESPN without the need for a cable subscription.
- YouTube TV
- Sling TV
- Fubo TV
- Live TV on Hulu
- AT&T TV
- Film TV
What to Watch on ESPN Plus UK in 2023?
There is something for everyone since American football, soccer (including MLS and UEFA competitions), hockey (including NHL games), cricket, etc. are the main focus.
Additionally, you’ll be able to watch some of ESPN’s top programs, like 30 For 30, as well as explore other types of programming besides game broadcasts, like E:60 comedies or specials about athletes’ lives before they rose to fame as TV showreel life stars. Some of the top ESPN+ shows are listed below.
|NFL Primetime||NFL Insiders|
|NFL (Live)||NBA G League|
|Complete replays of NBA historic game||PGA Golf|
|College Football||MLS (Live)|
|MLB (Live)||30 for 30|
|The Last Dance||UFC (PPV)|
What Sports Can I Watch on ESPN Plus UK?
On ESPN+, some of the top sports programming is as follows:
|National Hockey League||Austrian MotoGP|
|NFL Pro Bowl 2022||Australian Open 2022|
|MLS Season 2022||EFL Carabao Cup final|
|UFC fight Night||NCAA Wrestling Championship|
|PGA The Players Championship 2022||F1 Grand Prix 2022|
|Oliveira vs. Makhachev: UFC 280||College Football|
|NBA Playoff 2022||Big 12 Men’s Basketball Tournament|
|Major League Soccer||French Open 2022|
|Irish Baseball League||Canadian Football League (CFL)|
What are the Best Shows to Watch on ESPN Plus UK?
You can watch important sporting events live if you have an ESPN+ subscription. ESPN+ is particularly strong in its coverage of niche sports and is jam-packed with live events and other content. Top programmes currently airing on ESPN Plus UK include:
|Peyton’s places||Bettor Days|
|NBA Rooks||Peyton’s Places|
|Man In The Arena||Miles to Go|
|Why We Fight||30 for 30|
|High School Musical||Jessica Jones|
|The Fantasy Show||More Than an Athlete|
Which Best Documentaries are Available to Watch on ESPN Plus UK?
ESPN Plus is fantastic for a lot of reasons, but because of how much exclusive original content and specials the service offers, its sports documentaries stand out in particular. The following are some of the top documentaries available on ESPN+.
|O.J.: Made In America (2016)||The Two Escobars (2010)|
|No Cross Over: The Trial of Allen Iverson (2010)||Basketball: A Love Story (2018)|
|Once Brothers(2010)||Four Falls Of Buffalo (2015)|
|Celtics/Lakers: Best Of Enemies (2017)||Once Upon A Time In Queens (2021)|
|30 for 30 Shorts||Trojan War (2015)|
|Mack Wrestles (2019)||Hillsborough (2014)|
What is the Difference between ESPN+, ESPN App, and ESPN?
The name “ESPN” is an initialism for “Entertainment and Sports Programming Network.” It offers the most exciting sports programming and sells its programming to cable networks throughout the world. Regular Channel is not available without a cable subscription.
Once titled “Watch ESPN,” ESPN’s official app now provides access to thousands of live sports events and shows. ESPN’s official mobile app is the best free way to follow the channel. You may watch all your favorite sporting events and shows on ESPN if you have a cable TV package that includes that channel.
ESPN+ is an inexpensive upgrade from the basic app. It is a live-streaming service that provides access to ESPN programming in addition to additional sports events. With a paid membership, you may watch games that aren’t shown on regular cable networks.
ESPN+ now includes ESPN Originals, 30 for 30, and PPV events not available anywhere else. It’s quite a deal for a service that focuses on sports and costs only $4.99 monthly.
Compatible Devices to watch ESPN+ in UK
How Can I Download ESPN Plus in UK on Android Devices?
Here are the instructions you need to follow to get ESPN Plus on your Android device in the United Kingdom.
- Launch the ExpressVPN app on your Android device.
- Connect to a US server.
- Create a new Google account and sign in to it.
- You can get the ESPN+ app in the Play Store.
- Install it and create an account for free.
- Congratulations, your Android device can now use ESPN+.
How Can You Download ESPN Plus in UK on iOS Devices?
The instructions for getting ESPN Plus on an iOS device in the United Kingdom are provided below.
1. Open the App Store on your iOS device.
2. Search for the ESPN app.
3. Select the ESPN app and click “Get” to download and install it.
4. Once the ESPN app is downloaded and installed, open it.
5. Select the ESPN Plus tab at the bottom of the screen.
6. Select “Subscribe Now” to sign up for an ESPN Plus subscription.
7. Enter your personal and payment information to complete the subscription process.
8. You’re now ready to watch ESPN Plus in the UK on your iOS device.
Can I Watch ESPN Plus in UK on Firestick?
1. Go to the main menu on your Firestick and select Apps.
2. Scroll down and search for the ESPN Plus app.
3. Download and install the ESPN Plus app.
4. Open the ESPN Plus app and sign in using your credentials.
5. Select your desired content and start streaming.
How Can You Get ESPN Plus in the UK on Kodi?
The instructions for installing ESPN Plus in the UK on your Kodi device are included in the following list.
- Get yourself a Virtual Private Network service that works with ESPN and set it up. ExpressVPN comes with our highest endorsement.
- Join a virtual private network on your Kodi box.
- To use a VPN with Kodi, you must first obtain the software on your computer, then transfer it to a USB drive.
- In order to access the Add-ons section of Kodi, you must first access the Settings menu.
- Make sure Unknown Sources is selected.
- The Kodi device must be outfitted with the VPN software. After that, link up with a server located in the USA.
- Turn on the TV and you’ll be taken to Kodi’s main menu.
- The final step is to add the ESPN+ add-on to Kodi.
How Can You Get ESPN Plus in UK on Roku?
Here are the procedures that you need to take in order to get ESPN Plus on your Roku in the United Kingdom.
- Download ExpressVPN from the official website, then install it and link it to your wireless router.
- Join an American server.
- Connect your Roku stick to your smart TV’s HDMI input now.
- Simply power on your Roku player and navigate to ESPN Plus from the main menu.
How to Access ESPN Plus in UK on PS3/PS4?
To gain access to ESPN Plus in the UK on your PS3/PS4, please follow the instructions outlined below.
- Navigate to the category of TV/Video Services.
- Try to find “ESPN Plus” on the list of available options.
- Choose “Get” from the drop-down option.
- You can find ESPN Plus under “My Channels” now.
How to Download ESPN Plus in UK on Xbox?
To get ESPN + on your Xbox device, just follow the instructions below.
- Choose “My games & apps” from the Xbox menu.
- Visit the Xbox Store and look for “ESPN Plus.”
- All done! To get started, just hit the “Install” button.
Can I Stream ESPN Plus in UK on Apple TV?
ESPN + is available on Apple TV in the UK. Here is the procedure for doing so.
- Choose a VPN that supports Smart DNS, then subscribe to that. ExpressVPN is an excellent service that we strongly suggest you try.
- To locate the Smart DNS IPs, navigate to the Settings menu on your Apple TV and then pick Network at the very bottom of the page.
- Simply select your desired network by clicking the Wi-Fi button.
- The next step is to select Manual Configuration under DNS Configuration.
- By entering your DNS address and then restarting your Apple TV, you can gain access to content hosted on a server in the United States.
- Download the ESPN + app to your Apple TV and you’ll be all set.
How to Download ESPN Plus in UK on Smart TV?
The following are instructions on how to get ESPN Plus in the UK on your Smart TV.
- After you download a good VPN, you should set it up. ExpressVPN is the first priority or recommendation by us.
- Talk to a server with an address in the US.
- Go to the part of your Wi-Fi router where you can manage it.
- Connect it to your VPN.
- Start watching with the ESPN + app on your smart TV by making a free account.
How to Get ESPN+ with Hulu & Disney+ Bundle
Disney has a fantastic deal for people who watch online videos. You can save money by purchasing the bundle, which includes ESPN, Hulu, and Disney Plus, for GB£11.22/mo (US$13.99), as opposed to paying GB£5.61/mo (US$6.99) for ESPN+. UK citizens can access Hulu from any location in the world by using a virtual private network (VPN). By connecting to a VPN server in the US, it is easy to get around the platform’s geographic restrictions.
How can I watch ESPN+ in UK for free?
Despite the fact that ESPN+ is only accessible in the US and does not offer a free trial, you can purchase Disney’s newest bundle, which combines Disney Plus, ad-free Hulu, and ESPN Plus, for $18.99 (GBP16.78 per month). You will get free access to ESPN Plus in the UK in this way with this package.
Frequently asked questions
Is ESPN Plus available in UK?
No, the UK does not have access to ESPN+. It is only accessible in the UK when using a VPN like ExpressVPN.
Why is ESPN Plus in UK requesting a TV provider?
Regardless of whether you choose cable, satellite, or a live TV streaming service, access to ESPN live channels will still require a paid TV subscription. The app serves as a gatekeeper and gives users access to live content when they sign in with their TV provider accounts.
Can I watch ESPN on Amazon Prime?
As a part of the Amazon Prime Bundle, subscribers may watch ESPN. While ESPN offers a streaming app called ESPN+. The Amazon Prime app shop is a quick and simple place to check on the product’s availability.
Can I stream ESPN for free?
You need to have access to the ESPN video/TV channel packages through either AT&T U-Verse, BendBroadband, Bright House Networks, Charter, Comcast XFINITY, Cox, Midcontinent Communications, Optimum, Time Warner Cable, or Verizon FIOS.
How much does ESPN app cost?
ESPN+ is available for $9.99 per month, or for $99.99 per year, an annual savings of nearly 15%. ESPN+ (With Advertising), Disney+ (With Ads), and Hulu (With Ads) can all be purchased as a $12.99 per month bundle.
Can I add ESPN+ to YouTube TV?
You have the option, as part of your YouTube TV membership, to sign up for the Sports Plus package, which gives you access to additional sports channels.
Can I watch ESPN Plus in UK with a cable subscription?
Unfortunately, no. In the UK, ESPN Plus is not accessible. Using a high-end VPN like ExpressVPN is the only way to watch ESPN+ in the UK.
Does Disney+ come with ESPN+?
The Disney Bundle provides access to the top streaming services, including Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+, so you can watch all your favorite movies, TV episodes, and sporting events. With the Disney package, subscribers to the 5G Play More or 5G Get More subscriptions can access all three services on their preferred devices at home or on the road. This equates to a monthly cost reduction of $14.99.
Can I watch ESPN Plus in UK?
In the UK, you can watch ESPN Plus if you use a high-end VPN like ExpressVPN.
Wrapping it up!
This article provides an overview of how to watch ‘ESPN Plus’ In UK and access ESPN+ in UK, including information on compatible devices, subscription options, cost, the content available, and how to download the app. It details how to get the ESPN+ service on devices like Roku, Kodi, Xbox, PS3/PS4, Smart TV, Apple TV, and Firestick for $4.99 per month. A breakdown of the sports programming offered on ESPN and ESPN+, including NFL, MLB, MLS, UFC, PGA Golf, Tennis, College Football, NBA G League, and NFL Primetime, is also included in the article.