Table of Contents
Amazon Prime was initially introduced as a paid membership service that offered free shipping to its customers. However as the company broadened its focus it started to include an online streaming platform called Amazon Prime Video which included well-famed original shows and movies.
Fortunately Amazon Prime Video is now accessible on a variety of platforms including Apple TV. You have three simple and straightforward options for watching Amazon Prime on your Apple TV. You can either download and watch it using the Amazon Prime app you can use AirPlay to stream it from the Amazon Prime app on your iPhone or iPad or you can use AirPlay to stream it from your Mac’s browser.
Whether you are an existing Amazon Prime subscriber or are considering signing up for the service we will provide you with all the information you need to enjoy your favourite shows and movies on the big screen. So let’s dive in and discover how to watch Amazon Prime Video on your Apple TV in the UK!
Quick steps: How To Watch Amazon Prime On Apple TV in UK usingÂ aÂ VPN
Download the VPN and connect to a US server.
Log in to your streaming platform.
Find your favorite movie or show and stream it no matter where you are.
Pros and Cons of Amazon Prime Video
|Unlimited entertainment library with all types of movies and tv shows for binge-watching||It has a different content library depending on which country you are streaming from.|
|Amazon Prime members get the chance to buy exclusive products that are not accessible to non-Prime customers. A 7-day free trial to all new customers.||It is not available to stream in the UK without a VPN. The overall number of movies and shows covered is less than on Netflix.|
|By subscribing to Amazon Prime you can take advantage of discounts and special deals offered on several products.||Compared to popular music streaming services like Spotify the selection of two million songs seems very less to its audience|
How to watch Amazon Prime Video on yourÂ Apple TVÂ using AirPlay from yourÂ iPhoneÂ orÂ iPad
To stream Amazon Prime Video content on your Apple TV using an iPhone or iPad follow these steps accordingly:
- First open the App Store and download the Amazon Prime Video app onto your iPhone or iPad.
- Launch the Prime Video app and sign in to your Amazon account.
- Select the title you want to watch from the app’s library and start playing it.
- While the title is playing tap the AirPlay icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
- A list of available devices will appear on your screen. Choose your Apple TV from the list to start streaming the content from your iPhone or iPad to your Apple TV.
Best Movies & Shows to watch on Amazon Prime
How to watch Amazon Prime Video on your Apple TV using AirPlay on your Mac
To screen Amazon Prime Video content on your Apple TV using your Mac follow these steps:
- Open your web browser and navigate to amazon.com on your Mac.
- Find the title you want to watch and start playing it.
- Click on the AirPlay icon located in the top toolbar.
- A drop-down menu will appear allowing you to choose where you want to AirPlay the content. Select your Apple TV.
- Your computer will prompt you to enter the code displayed on your Apple TV. Once you’ve entered the code on your Mac your desktop screen should appear on your Apple TV allowing you to stream the content from your Mac to your TV.
How To Fix Issues That Arise While Streaming On Amazon Prime Via Apple TV
While streaming Amazon Prime on your Apple TV you may encounter several issues. However here are some possible solutions to fix these issues:
- Ensure that your internet connection is stable and strong.
- Check for updates to the Amazon Prime Video app and install the latest version if available.
- Restart your Apple TV and internet router to clear any temporary glitches.
- Disable VPN or proxy settings if you are using them and see if it resolves the issue.
- Clear the cache and browsing history of the Amazon Prime Video app on your Apple TV to improve performance.
- If none of the above solutions works contact Amazon customer support for further assistance.
We hope by the end of this guide; you are now able to troubleshoot all issues related to running Amazon Prime on Apple TV Mac in UK. As you are in the UK you might also be well aware that Amazon Prime is not accessible in your country. However our top-notch Express and Nord VPN will ensure you can stream your favourite content without your privacy being at risk.
Why isn’t Amazon Prime accessible on my Apple TV?
There might be several errors that might cause Amazon Prime to freeze or close down. You can try to reopen your Apple TV if Prime Video isn’t working. Check your internet connection if the problem persists.
How do I watch Amazon Prime on a smart TV?
If the Amazon Prime Video app is not preinstalled on your device you can download it from your device’s app store. After installing the app sign in using your Amazon Prime account login details and you can start watching your desired content on any smart tv.
How to watch Amazon Prime Video if you are in the UK?
You can install a reliable VPN and start watching your favourite shows on Amazon Prime. A VPN helps bypass all geo-restricted errors and makes the streaming platform believe that you are in the US and not the UK.