Table of Contents
If you’re a horror fan, Shudder subscription plans are like finding a hidden stash of candy on Halloween.
Why, you ask? Well because Shudder is an OTT platform that has dedicated itself to providing content for horror aficionados. It is a whole library of shivers and screams, from old-school classics to the latest spine-tinglers.
Whether you get your kicks from mind-bending thrillers, eerie supernatural tales, or heart-pounding slasher flicks, there’s a little (or should I say big?) spooky something for everyone in this virtual haunted house!
So, if you’re ready to explore it, here are all of the Shudder subscription plans to give you a headstart!
What is Shudder?
Amongst the kingdom of streaming giants, Shudder steps in standing tall with its unique focus on all things Horror.
Owned by the well-known AMC, Shudder isn’t shy about its extensive and varied collection. Once you subscribe to Shudder, you’re in for a treat with a plethora of Horror Movies, Scary TV Shows, Documentaries, and Podcasts.
It’s like a treasure chest, catering to every shade of horror fan out there.
Every time you log in, it’s a new adventure, with secrets lurking in the shadows and potential screams around every corner. But, no matter what you pick and choose, you’ll have an eerie rollercoaster ride to Ghost town!
Shudder Subscription Plans and Price
Ready to explore the eerie, thrilling world of Shudder?
Let’s delve into the various Shudder subscription plans available to help you make the best choice for your horror cravings!
|Price in the UK
|Around 20% (£12)
|Amazon Prime Video Add-on
Starting with the Monthly Subscription, it’s a great way to dip your toes into the unknown. For just £4.99 a month in the UK, a vast collection of horror content becomes available at your fingertips. And here’s the cherry on top – Shudder is offering a seven-day free trial!
That means you get to test the waters, explore the shadows, and decide if you’re up for more spine-chilling adventures.
For the committed horror aficionados out there, the Annual Subscription is a real treat. At £47.88 in the UK, the monthly cost breaks down to a mere £3.99. We’re talking about a savings of around 20%, which translates to an extra £12 in your pocket each year!
It’s a fantastic option for those ready to embrace the thrills and chills all year round.
Amazon Prime Video Add-on in the UK
But wait, there’s more! If you’re already an Amazon Prime Video member, you have the option to add Shudder to your existing membership for an additional £4.99. And for that, a special thanks goes to the Amazon Prime Channels!
This new feature allows for a seamless, user-friendly experience, making it even easier for fans in the UK to subscribe to Shudder and navigate through its spooky content.
What is Shudder’s Refund Policy?
When it comes to canceling Shudder midway for any reason, Shudder understands that sometimes you may need a little breather. Therefore, it provides the opportunity of a refund for those who subscribe to the Shudder Monthly Plan.
If you’re on the Monthly Plan, Shudder offers a pro-rated refund policy, so you only pay for the time you’ve used.
However, for those on the Annual Plan, it’s important to note that there’s no refund available after cancellation. So, make sure you’re all in for a year of frights before opting for this Shudder subscription plan!
Shudder Supported Devices
Wondering where you can enjoy your Shudder subscription plans? Whether you’re a fan of the big screen, gaming consoles, or prefer watching on the go, Shudder has got you covered!
Here’s a list of compatible devices to help you get started:
- Roku – Turn your TV into a horror haven with Shudder on Roku.
- Amazon Fire TV – Enjoy seamless streaming of spine-chilling content.
- Xbox Consoles – Gamers, get ready for a thrilling ride with Shudder!
- Samsung TV (2018 or later) – Experience horror like never before on your Samsung TV.
- Apple and Android Devices – On the move? Keep the scares close with Shudder on your mobile devices.
And of course, you can always access the official Shudder Website directly. What’s even better is that you can turn the website around and experience a cinematic journey by connecting Shudder website to your TV.
How? Well, just connect your TV via an HDMI Cable, and you’re all set to dive into the world of horror!
Does Shudder Have A Free Trial?
Curious minds might be wondering, “Does Shudder have a free trial?”
The answer is a resounding yes! Shudder rolls out the red carpet for new users with a 7-day free trial. And here’s the kicker – this isn’t just a sneak peek. You get access to the entire library of curated content, handpicked by experts for a personalized touch, rather than just algorithms.
So, how do you embark on this week of wonders?
Simply visit the official website, click on “Try 7 Days Free,” and follow the steps to create your account. Choose your preferred Shudder subscription plan for after the trial, enter your billing details, and voila – you’re all set to “Start Your Free Trial”!
And for those who prefer apps, you’re in luck!
The Shudder free trial is also available on Google Play, iOS, or Roku. Just search for Shudder in your device’s app store, follow the prompts, and you’re on your way to a week of frightful delights!
What Should I Watch On Shudder?
Now that you’re all set, you might be pondering, “What should I watch on Shudder?”
Well, brace yourself, because Shudder offers a treasure trove of options for every horror enthusiast. Whether you’re into movies that make you question every sound or TV shows that keep you up at night, Shudder has it all.
What’s Coming To Shudder in October 2023?
What’s more is that the October lineup of Shudder looks stunning as ever. It’s stacked with original series, classic slasher movies, the best thrillers to ever exist and more!
Here is a little sneak peak from our side!
- V/H/S/85 (October 6): The next installment in the infamous found footage anthology franchise, blending never-before-seen snuff footage with nightmarish newscasts and disturbing home video.
- The Puppetman (October 13): A tale of a convicted killer on death row claiming an evil force controlled his body, and his daughter who begins to suspect the truth as those around her meet brutal ends.
- Night of the Hunted (October 20): An unsuspecting woman becomes the plaything of a sociopathic sniper with a secret vendetta at a remote gas station.
- When Evil Lurks (October 27): Shudder’s first Spanish-language Original revolving around timeless horror concepts with contemporary twists set in a remote village.
- Hell House LLC Origins: The Carmichael Manor (October 30): A group of internet sleuths uncovers secrets hidden away for decades and a terror lurking in the shadows at the site of the infamous 1989 Carmichael family murders.
Shudder Original Series and Specials:
- The Last Drive-In with Joe Bob Briggs: Halloween (1978) (October 10): Joe Bob celebrates the 45th anniversary of this iconic horror film.
- Creepshow (October 13): The horror comedy classic returns for a new season, exploring terrors ranging from murder, creatures, monsters, to the supernatural and unexplainable.
- Joe Bob’s Helloween (October 20): A demonic double-feature celebration of the spooky season with a very scary special guest.
- Boulet Brothers’ Dragula (October 31): The Boulet Brothers’ hunt for the world’s next drag monster superstar in the star-studded fifth season of their hit reality competition show.
- Dead End, The Gate, Lake Mungo, May, Lords of Salem, Killer Clowns from Outer Space, Evil Dead II (October 1)
- Spirit Halloween, Hell House LLC: The Director’s Cut, Hell House LLC II: The Abaddon Hotel, Hell House LLC III: Lake of Fire (October 2)
- Dog Soldiers, All Hallows’ Eve, All Hallows’ Eve 2 (October 9)
- Lockdown Tower (October 16)
- Kidnapped, The Midnight Man (October 23)
- Saw, Saw II, Saw III, Saw IV, Saw V, Saw VI, Saw 3D (October 31)
Can I access Shudder from anywhere in the world?
Yes, Shudder is available in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, and Australia. However, the availability of specific content may vary depending on the region due to licensing agreements. Using a VPN to access Shudder from an unsupported region is against Shudder’s terms of service.
How often does Shudder update its content library?
Shudder regularly updates its content library with new horror movies, TV shows, documentaries, and podcasts. Subscribers can expect a mix of classic horror, contemporary thrillers, and Shudder Originals. The platform often releases a list of upcoming titles for each month, so keep an eye out for announcements to stay updated on the latest additions.
Can I watch Shudder content on multiple devices?
Yes, Shudder supports streaming on multiple devices, including Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Xbox Consoles, Samsung TV (2018 or later), Apple and Android Devices. Additionally, you can access Shudder through its official website and connect your device via HDMI Cable. However, keep in mind that the number of devices that can stream simultaneously may be limited based on your Shudder subscription plan.
Finishing it Up!
Shudder has truly carved a niche in the OTT landscape by specializing in the horror genre, offering a unique and thrilling experience for horror enthusiasts.
With a variety of Shudder subscription plans available, fans of frights and chills have a treasure trove of content at their fingertips.
Plus, the platform’s diverse library, featuring classics, contemporary masterpieces, and Shudder Originals, ensures that there’s something for every horror aficionado.