Table of Contents
Disney Plus is easily able to spread its service globally, both in terms of countries and content too. Thus it is highly possible that it will eventually overlap other renowned streaming services like HBO Max, HULU, Netflix, etc. This article is a step-by-step guide to watch Disney Plus on PlayStation in UK.
Since its debut, Disney Plus is crazily hyped. Despite only being recently launched, the streaming service has the entire globe by the collar. The most diverse content library is available to watch here, featuring marvellous programmes by Marvel, Disney, National Geographic, Pixar, and other studios. Disney Plus has now also established itself as the hub for Marvel fans because all Marvel-related content is available here. Even though the service is just three years old, it is scaling massively.
You can get access to Disney Plus on several devices, ensuring that not having a compatible device is never an issue for Disney Plus’s audience. Therefore, Disney Plus is also available on PlayStation.
Quick steps: How to watch Disney Plus On PlayStation in UK using a VPN
Download the VPN and connect to a US server.
Log in to your streaming platform.
Find your favorite movie or show and stream it no matter where you are.
PlayStation Devices are supported for Disney Plus:
In order to save you the trouble of buying extra devices and equipment, Disney Plus is available to watch on your PlayStations. The PlayStation 4, PlayStation 4 Slim, PlayStation 4 Pro, and PlayStation 5 are all supported by the streaming service. Unfortunately, older consoles like the PlayStation 3 does not support the service. The reason is that it doesn’t support a lot of outdated technology because it is a relatively new service (it was launched in November 2019). As a result, Disney Plus is not compatible with PS3 or older consoles.
PlayStation Devices are Supported for Disney Plus
In order to save you the trouble of buying extra devices and equipment, Disney Plus on PlayStation is available to watch. The PlayStation 4, PlayStation 4 Slim, PlayStation 4 Pro, and PlayStation 5 are all supported by the streaming service. Unfortunately, older consoles like the PlayStation 3 does not support the service. The reason is that it doesn’t support a lot of outdated technology because it is a relatively new service (it was launched in November 2019). As a result, Disney Plus on PlayStation is not compatible with PS3 or older consoles.
How Much Is Disney Plus a Month on PS4?
Presently, the monthly subscription fee for Disney Plus is $10.99 / £7.99, while the annual subscription option is priced at $109.99 / £79.90.
How To Watch Disney Plus On PlayStation 4:
If you have a PS4, follow the steps below to download and stream Disney Plus on it:
- Turn on your PlayStation 4.
- Go to the PlayStation Store and push the X button on your controller.
- Go to the search box and push X. Type in Disney Plus when a keyboard appears on your screen.
- The Disney Plus app will appear on the right-hand side.
- Go to the app and push X again. When the page opens, select Download to start installing the app on your PS4.
- Now open the Disney Plus app and sign in to your account,
- If you don’t have a Disney Plus account, select sign up and enter your email address and password,
- Now enter payment details and make an in-app purchase from your PSN account.
- Once the account is ready, sign in and start Streaming.
How Do I Update Disney+ on Playstation 4?
To update Disney+ on PlayStation 4 (PS4), follow these steps:
- From the PlayStation home screen, navigate to the Disney+ app.
- Press the “Options” button on your controller.
- In the menu that appears, select “Check for Updates.”
- If an update is available, follow the prompts to download and install the update.
Can You Watch Disney Plus in 4K on PS4 in UK?
Watching Disney Plus in 4K on PS4 is possible, but it may require additional charges.
What Other Devices Does Disney+ Support in UK?
In the UK, Disney+ is supported on various devices in addition to PlayStation consoles. These devices include but are not limited to:
- Smart TVs: Many smart TV brands offer a dedicated Disney+ app, allowing you to stream content directly on your TV.
- Streaming Devices: Devices like Roku, Amazon Fire TV Stick, and Google Chromecast have Disney+ apps available for installation.
- Mobile Devices: Disney+ is compatible with smartphones and tablets running iOS or Android operating systems. You can download the Disney+ app from the respective app stores.
- Web Browsers: You can access Disney+ on a computer or laptop through compatible web browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari.
How To Watch Disney Plus On PlayStation 5:
If you were lucky enough to snag the all-new PS5, you are in for a lot more than just Disney Plus access. Now, to download Disney Plus on your PlayStation 5, follow the steps below:
- Open the PlayStation store.
- In the search box, type “Disney.”
- Install the programme by going to “Disney Plus,” and choosing “Download.”
- Create an account by adding all necessary personal information, and enjoy yourself!
How to Watch Disney Plus on PlayStation in Geo-restricted Countries:
Disney Plus even though being a high-end streaming platform, it is not available in several countries. In over 50 countries/regions the service is available, including Latin America, North America, Europe, and the Asia Pacific. If you don’t lie on this list, your country or region is geographically restricted and will not let you stream Disney Plus.
But you need not worry! You can still watch Disney Plus on your PlayStation. All you need is a top-notch VPN and you’re good to go! Follow these steps to get Disney Plus on your PS4/PS5 in geo-restricted countries:
- Firstly, sign up for a reliable VPN service.
- Download and subscribe to a VPN.
- Go to the VPN’s DNS setting page and sign in using your credentials.
- Now register your IP address by clicking Register my IP address under the IP address registration option.
- Now go to the VPN’s setup page and note the MediaStreamer DNS server IP address.
- After you get your new DNS IP address, you will have to set up the DNS servers on your PS4/PS5.
- Search for Disney+ on your PS5 and connect to one of its US servers, preferably in New York. You should find it this time!
- Start watching Disney Plus after logging in traditionally!
What Can I Watch on Disney Plus on my PlayStation?
On Disney Plus, you can browse the most amazing library of movies, TV shows, documentaries, and other entertainment. All other genres, including humour, horror, science fiction, anime, dystonia and new releases, are covered here.
If you have a Disney Plus subscription, you can never get bored.
Best Disney Plus Shows to Watch on PlayStation in 2023?
There are several shows that Disney Plus will premiere this year, but the most hyped shows of 2023 are mentioned below:
- The Muppets Mayhem – May 2023
- The Mandalorian Season 3 – March 1, 2023
- The Proud Family: Louder And Prouder Season 2 – January 7, 2023
- Magic Of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Season 2 – January 1, 2023
- Loki Season 2 – mid-2023
- X-MEN ’97 – Fall 2023
- High School Musical: The Musical: The Series Season 4 – 2023
- Marvel’s What If? Season 2 – 2023
- Tiana – 2023
- Rennervations – 2023
Best Disney Plus Movies to Watch on PlayStation in 2023?
The best movies to watch on Disney Plus in 2023 are:
- Black Panther: Wakanda Forever – 2023
- Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania
- Next Goal Wins
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
- The Little Mermaid Live-Action
- Indiana Jones Dial of Destiny
- Once on This Island
- The Marvels
- Haunted Mansion
Why is Disney Plus Not Working on PlayStation?
If you have a strong VPN connection and yet you are not able to access Disney Plus on your PS4 or PS5, then there could be a fixable problem you need to get into the depth of. Below mentioned are the reasons why you cannot stream Disney Plus:
- You might have a slow internet connection.
- Your app updates are pending for a long. Try to get all the updates done for your Disney app.
- There might be an error in the installed app. Try reinstalling the Disney Plus app again.
- Lastly, try restarting your gaming console.
Set Up DNS Servers On Your PS4/PS5 To Watch Disney Plus:
In order to set up the DNS server on your PlayStation device, follow the below-given steps:
- Open your PlayStation 4/PlayStation 5.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Open your Network and select Set Up Internet Connection.
- Now select your internet connection.
- Now click on Custom, select Automatic, and then select ‘Do not Specify.’
- Click on Manual to select Primary DNS.
- Now enter the new IP address you noted before and select ‘Done’.
- Now go to Next and then select Automatic again.
- Finalize the setup and open the Disney Plus app.
- Sign in to your account and start streaming your favourite Disney Plus movies and TV shows on your PlayStation from a geo-restricted country!
How do I clear the Disney Plus cache on PlayStation?
If you want to clear your cache on your Disney Plus app via PlayStation, then follow the below-given steps:
- Click on “Settings” on the Dashboard.
- Choose “Storage.”
- Click “Options” after selecting “Disney Plus.”
- Select “Delete.”
How To Update The Disney Plus App On PS4
To watch Disney Plus without any buffering or errors, make sure you follow a simple hack, Update it regularly. You wouldn’t want to stay behind on updates which can create many issues for you while streaming since updates contain bug fixes and various new features. Follow the steps below to update the Disney Plus app on your PS4:
- Turn on your PlayStation 4.
- Now select the Disney Plus app and press the options button on your controller.
- Click Check for Update in the options menu.
- Your PS4 will check if there is a new Disney Plus update available. If there is, it will automatically start downloading it.
- You will receive a notification indicating that the app is updated. Now Disney Plus is ready to be watched on your PS4.
How To Update The Disney Plus App On PS5
The process of updating apps on PS5 is the same as that of PS4. Follow the same steps shown above and your Disney Plus app will be updated on PS5.
Are PlayStation Models Compatible with Disney Plus in UK?
Yes, PlayStation models are compatible with Disney Plus in the UK. You can access and stream Disney Plus on PlayStation 4 (PS4) and PlayStation 5 (PS5) consoles by downloading the Disney Plus app from the PlayStation Store.
Hope this article helped you explore How to get access to Disney Plus on PlayStation in a detailed manner. There is everything available here that you might need to know about watching Disney Plus on your PlayStation. Just download Disney Plus on your PlayStation console and enjoy the best shows available to watch!
Is the Disney+ app free on PS4?
Yes, you can download the Disney Plus app for free on PS4 and PS5. However, in order to stream, you need to pay the subscription charges.
How do I connect my Disney Plus app to my PS4?
Simply scroll down the main menu to the Apps section, using your PlayStation controller. Go to the “search” section at the top of your screen and type in “Disney” and “Disney Plus” will appear in the list on the right. Download the application.
Does PlayStation 5 have Disney Plus?
Yes, PlayStation 5 can get access to Disney Plus. Firstly, make sure that your console is connected to the internet. Then go to the PlayStation Store, on the home screen. Now search for Disney+ or Disney Plus. Then select the Disney+ app and tap the Download button.
Can you watch Disney Plus on PlayStation with a free VPN?
Yes, you can always use a free VPN to stream any such platform like Disney Plus. However, as such VPNs do not follow any legal privacy protocols and can leak your personal information at a little cost, it is not recommended to use such VPN devices.
Is Disney Plus available on PS5?
Yes, the PlayStation 5 console is compatible with the Disney Plus app. It can be installed on a PS5 from the PlayStation Store, just like Netflix or YouTube.
Can I watch movies on PS5?
Yes, you can play games and stream movies in 4K in both the Standard and Digital version of PS5.
Why does my Disney Plus keep freezing on PlayStation?
There are several problems that your console might be facing due to which your Disney Plus app keeps getting stuck. The most generic issues are server outages, faulty caches, software flaws, and out-of-date applications.