Table of Contents
YouTube TV is an American streaming service that offers live TV channels, on-demand content, and cloud-based DVR functionality. Unfortunately, the service is currently only available in the United States, leaving viewers in other countries, including the UK, unable to access it directly. However, with the right tools and techniques, it is possible to watch YouTube TV in the UK.
In this article, we will explore some of the ways to bypass geographic restrictions and enjoy YouTube TV’s content from the comfort of your own home in the UK. Whether you’re an American living abroad or simply interested in accessing YouTube TV’s extensive library of shows and movies, read further to discover how to watch YouTube TV in UK.
How Do I Register YouTube TV In UK? [Step By Step]
You can watch YouTube TV in the UK by creating a YouTube TV account. To sign up for a YouTube account, follow these instructions:
Sign up for ExpressVPN (our top recommendation).
Establish a VPN connection and log in.
Choose the American server from the list, ideally New York.
Go to YouTube TV website, then select “Profile icon”
Click on “Sign In” then enter your credentials and select “Login”
Select your profile and start streaming.
You will be prompted by YouTube TV to confirm your TV license; simply select “I Have a TV License.” View Now. For London, East London, and Docklands, use the postcodes EC3A 8BF, E1 OAA, and E16 2JE, respectively.
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch YouTube TV in UK in 2023?
Watching YouTube TV in the UK requires the use of a VPN because the streaming site is geographically restricted. Hence YouTube TV is only available within the United States, so if you want to watch it from the UK, you will need to use a VPN and connect to a US server.
If you do not use a VPN, you will receive an error message that states, “It looks like you’re outside of the United States. YouTube TV is only available in the US.”
By connecting your device to a US server, you will receive a US IP address while in the UK, making it appear as though you are accessing YouTube TV from within the US.
How to watch YouTube TV In UK?
To access YouTube TV in the UK, you can follow these quick steps using a VPN:
- Register for a VPN service that has US-based servers. We recommend ExpressVPN or Nord. As it provides over 25 US servers and can unblock YouTube TV.
- Download and install the VPN app onto your device.
- Visit the YouTube TV website and create an account if you don’t already have one.
- Log in to your YouTube TV account, and you can start streaming your favorite content from the UK.
Pros and Cons of Subscribing to YouTube TV:
- Unlimited DVR storage
- Huge content library
- Compatible with multiple devices
- It is relatively expensive
- Limited international content
How to sign up for YouTube TV with a Gift card?
You can subscribe to YouTube TV with a Gift card simply by following these steps:
- Choose a top-notch VPN service to use.
- Connect to any US server that is available. (NewYork is preferable)
- Open the Google Play Store and select Gift Cards.
- Click on “Redeem” in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Enter your gift card code and click on “Redeem.”
- That’s it! You are now a member of YouTube TV in the UK.
How Much Does Youtube TV Cost in the UK?
The standard cost for YouTube TV’s basic plan is GB£57.64 (US$64.99/month). This base plan permits six accounts per person. This package also includes access to over 85 channels for YouTube TV UK, as well as a 7-day free trial for YouTube TV UK.
Furthermore, YouTube TV UK offers a unique “Spanish Plan” for US$24.99/month, which provides customers with a US$10 discount for the first six months. This plan includes 6 accounts that can be shared with family and friends, access to 28+ Spanish-language networks, and unlimited DVR storage.
YouTube TV outside USA Compatible Devices
You can watch YouTube TV outside UK on the below devices:
How to watch YouTube TV on Android in UK
You can watch YouTube TV on your Android device by following these steps:
- Subscribe to a trustworthy VPN service and download the app.
- Now connect to a US server.
- Create a new Gmail account, set your region to the United States, and log in.
- Open Google Play Store and search for the YouTube TV app.
- Install the app and select “Try it Free.”
- You can now enjoy YouTube TV on your Android device.
How To Watch YouTube TV on iOS in UK
To access YouTube TV in the UK on your iOS follow the below given quick steps:
- Subscribe to a reliable VPN service and download its app.
- Launch the VPN app and connect to a US server.
- Go to your Apple ID settings.
- Navigate to Media & Purchases, and change your region to the United States.
- Go to the App Store and download the YouTube TV app.
- Open the YouTube TV app, sign up for an account, and start enjoying YouTube TV in the UK!
Best Shows & Movies To Watch on YouTube TV
Can I Watch YouTube TV in UK With a Free VPN?
You can unblock several streaming sites via a free VPN, However, Youtube Tv is not an easy one to crack.
There are several reasons why these free VPN services are ineffective in unblocking YouTube TV and other geo-streaming services. Firstly, these services provide a limited number of servers.
Secondly, if one of these free VPN providers’ servers does work with YouTube TV in the UK, there is a high probability of buffering and poor video quality issues.
Thirdly, running a VPN service requires a significant amount of money. Most free VPN services cover their operating costs and even earn significant profits by selling users’ data logs to surveillance agencies, third parties, and social media platforms. Hence, you are risking your own privacy at the cost of a VPN.
How To Fix Issues Of Youtube TV in UK?
If you are experiencing issues with YouTube TV in the UK, here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:
- Firstly, make sure that you have a stable and reliable internet connection. You can try restarting your router or modem.
- You can also clear your browser’s cache and cookies. This can help fix issues related to website loading and authentication.
- Make sure your VPN is up-to-date and that you are connected to a US server.
- If you are experiencing buffering or poor video quality, try switching to a different US server.
- Disable browser extensions: Sometimes browser extensions can cause issues with YouTube TV. Disable any extensions that might be interfering with the service.
Note: If you have tried all the above steps and are still experiencing issues, reach out to YouTube TV support for further assistance.
What is YouTube TV UK?
YouTube TV is a streaming service based in America that provides live TV streaming with access to 85 channels and a video-on-demand (VOD) service.
How do I watch YouTube on my smart TV in the UK?
There are two methods to view YouTube TV on your Smart TV. The first is you download and install the YouTube TV app if your Smart TV is an Android. The second option is to install the YouTube TV app on your mobile phone and cast it on your smart TV located in the UK.
Is it legal to use a VPN for YouTube TV from in the UK?
Yes. While it may go against the Terms and Conditions of YouTube TV, you cannot be held legally accountable for using a VPN. Nevertheless, it is advisable to research the laws and regulations in your country to ensure that you are not breaking any rules.
It is evident that YouTube TV has a crazy fanbase and for those who enjoy binge-watching in their beds, this one is for you. However, YouTube TV is only available in the United States.
Hopefully, the information in this guide will assist you in accessing YouTube TV in the UK with a premium VPN service such as ExpressVPN or Nord. If you encounter any problems, please do not hesitate to mention them.